Expert Attic Mold Removal Services in Weston, CT
If you live in the local Weston, Connecticut area, you understand that it can get hot and humid. As a result, mold could start to grow, and it might be hiding in your attic. Even though you might not go into your attic very often, mold could be hiding there. You do not want it to spread to other areas of your home, so you need to reach out to an expert team that can help you get rid of it as quickly as possible.
We are Connecticut Mold, and it would be our pleasure to help you identify and remove mold from your Weston attic. You may not realize how quickly it can spread, so you need to respond as soon as possible. Please take a look at our Weston attic mold removal services below, and contact us today to schedule an appointment with a member of our team.
Defining Attic Mold
Mold is a fungus, and it can grow just about anywhere. Many people believe that this is only a problem during certain times of the year, such as the summer. Even though mold tends to thrive in warmth and humidity, it can grow anytime. For example, if you recently installed some energy-efficient upgrades in your home, your home might be better at trapping warmth. As a result, you could have more mold in your attic than you have overlooked. If you reach out to our team, we will be happy to help you identify and remove mold from your attic.
The Top Signs of Attic Mold
Before removing mold from your attic, you need to identify it. Several signs could indicate that you have mold in your Weston attic. Some of the most common symptoms include:
- You might spot some areas of discoloration on the ceiling in your attic.
- If you look at your pipes and air vents, you may notice that there are small areas of discoloration.
- If you examine the boxes and books, you have put in your attic. You might see some areas of discoloration.
- If you detect a strange musty odor when you go into the attic, it could be a sign that you have mold up there.
- If you find yourself coughing and sneezing more often when you go to the attic, it could be a sign that you have mold.
If you have mold in your attic, you need to respond as quickly as possible. It would be our pleasure to help you with that.
Why Do I Have Mold in My Weston Attic?
There are plenty of reasons why you might have mold growing in your attic. For example, if a pipe burst in your home recently, you could be dealing with some extra humidity in the attic, which can cause mold to grow. You might also have installed energy-efficient windows or insulation, trapping heat in the attic. This can also cause mold to grow. You may have even moved an item into the attic that already had mold on it, but you did not realize it. Regardless of why you have mold growing in your attic, getting rid of it as quickly as possible is essential. Our team is available to help you with that.
Where Attic Mold Is Commonly Found
There are several locations where you might spot mold in the attic. They include:
- Mold likes to grow in warm and wet areas, so you may want to take a closer look at your pipes and air vents.
- If you have items that have been in the attic for a long time, you should shift them out of the way. Then, you might spot some mold growing underneath them.
- It is not unusual for mold to grow on old pieces of wood and cardboard. You may want to take a look at these specific locations.
Even though you might want to identify all areas of mold in your home, it is important to keep a safe distance. You do not want to get sick.
Identifying Weston Attic Mold
Before you can work removing mold, you need to figure out what type of mold you have. You might feel like you can handle this on your own, but it is critical to reaching out to a professional service that can help you. At Connecticut Mold, we have the latest equipment in the industry, and we can use it to figure out what type of mold you have grown. Two of the most common examples include Stachybotrys and chaetomium. After we have figured out what kind of mold you have in your attic, we can get rid of it for you.
Call Connecticut Mold for Weston Attic Mold Removal Services
You need to reach out to a professional team that can help you clear out the mold from your Weston attic. At Connecticut Mold, we have the training and experience necessary to help you. Our goal is to protect your house, your family, and anyone else who might be living with you. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment, and let us remove the mold from your attic.